- for finals week to start, then be over, all 80 essays graded.
- for spring break to begin so I can get some non-grading work and reading done.
- for a break from all that spring break work so I can blog about the absolutely hilarious faux pas I’ve come across in the cover letters I’ve been reviewing for our open positions.
- for a letter telling me whether or not my NEH summer seminar application was accepted.
- for warmer weather, so I can start half marathon training again without freezing toes (2009 post half marathon training injuries all but forgotten).