- 1968: Louis gives Annie a diamond shaped CrackerJack Box ring, which Annie keeps for years and years.
- 1973: Louis, now older, and probably with absolutely no memory of that ring, touches Annie’s hand while borrowing a pencil in class, giving said Annie her first physical “sensation”.
- 1981: Annie, after a rousing debate during the famously rowdy Model Congress weekend, attracts Bronx Science boy’s attention for that night, and many others.
- 1988: Annie’s boyfriend is working all night, but takes a cab to Queens to leave flowers and candy for both her and her single roommate. Said roommate still slightly in love with said boyfriend. Annie, not so much.
- 1993: Annie celebrates Valentine’s Day daily with a man named after the “holiday” on which he was born.
- 2001: Annie and Hubby dance in the rain together and a friendship deepens.
- 2010: Annie and Hubby go out for a pre-Valentine’s Day pasta, wine and tiramisu dinner only to barely escape being seated next to Hubby’s still bitter after 12 years ex-wife.