…because it’s now painfully obvious that only a few students “get” them:
- “Avoid using “It” as a subject, unless Cousin It is the subject of your sentence.”
- “I’d prefer not to” (said in response to one of those increasingly less rare unreasonable student requests).
- “Yada, yada, yada….and then….”
- “Never assume, because to assume makes…..”
- “Just go check the “stacks” to see if there are any books that jump out at you.”
And these are only the ones I used this week: clearly, I need a new set of allusions.