It’s one of those weeks in academia:
- schedules for 2010-11 are due
- book orders for next quarter are due
- essays need to graded and returned
- that essay I promised to write a few months ago is due
- references still need to be written
- requests for sabbaticals are due shortly
- students’ grandmothers are dying left and right
- H1N1 has taken over our town
- colleagues are walking around sleeplessly and no one has cleaned the office coffee pot in days
- I’m watching Dexter to relax at night, and, despite that, I had a nightmare about something even weirder: Sarah Palin was chasing me
- did I or did I not buy my plane tickets for the MLA?
- and the house is a wreck and not at all ready for Turkey day
Luckily, NPR has an app for all of that: a ginger martini recipe.