- What’s your current obsession? My honest answer is just too personal, so let’s go with a secondary obsession: running. I run daily now and feel and act most bitchy if I miss a day.
- What’s you favorite color and why? I really can’t answer that easily: it depends on what the object is. My Honda Civic is purple; my living room walls are peach; my home office walls are an Italian yellow; and in my closet, after black, the most common color is golden beige/ reds/blues.
- What are you wearing today? Black hoodie sweater from Macy’s, Levis 512s, Dansko black clogs, and funny Life is Good socks with daisies on them.
- Why is today special? This morning I participated in the ½ marathon training run: 9 miles in the forest, in a May snowstorm. And, I just finished grading midterms. Whew!
- What would you like to learn to do? Ballroom dance.
- What’s for dinner today? Probably pasta and veggies.
- What’s the last thing you bought? The Levis I’m wearing right now…
- What are you listening to right now? The hum of the dishwasher and the dryer (I just finished grading midterms—I need silence for grading, alas).
- What’s your most challenging goal right now? Writing that darn speech I am giving at the end of May (though I have a lovely list of ideas at least).
- What do you think about the person who tagged you? I’ve never met Ink, but we both believe we would have been the best of friends at age 13.
- If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? On an ocean, a warm, swimmable ocean.
- What would you like to have in your hands right now? A bowl of cookie dough ice cream. Or a completed speech.
- What would you like to get rid of? Insomnia, 10 more pounds, the dust bunnies under the bed (I’m just not good at giving one answer….)
- If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Italy, on the ocean….maybe Sorrento or Cinque Terre.
- What super power would you like to possess? This one is tough since I’m not really familiar with all of the superpowers that exist in the world of super heroes. I suppose Harry Potter’s wand with Hermione’s skill would do the trick, though.
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? My Victoria’s Secret “biofit” black bra.
- What’s your dream job? One that involves words, people and creativity and that takes me only about 4-6 hours a day to be considered a success.
- If you had an unexpected $1000, what would you spend it on? Spa treatments for me and some friends (pedis, manis, massages—and champagne)
- What do you find annoying? Cramps are annoying. People who can only complain. Incessantly barking dogs.
- Describe your personal style. In winter: Jeans, boots or clogs, snug sweaters, and either a long pashmina-like scarf or a fitted jacket. In summer: long skirts and tank tops.
- What Broadway show would you want tickets to? [my replacement question since I don’t know enough about clothing designers] 9-5 or Hair or Desire Under the Elms: all being “revived” this month on Bway….
- Whose closet would you want to raid? Cutty’s on “House”: she dresses a bit wild for a hospital administrator!
- What are you most proud of? Right now, running 9 miles in the snow this morning, but with luck, by the end of June, running the ½ marathon, twice. I’m also proud of my work in the classroom at times, but see #1.
- The beautiful bloggers I’d like to know about are: To quote Ink, “everyone reading this!”
→ Now the rules of this tag:
1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention.
2. Tag 7 other people you would love to learn more about. I’m putting out a universal “tag” to all readers.